A friend of mine asked me to digitalize some old tapes that we used to listen to when we were kids. This got me thinking about all the old tapes and records that I have kicking around that I should get on my iPod. Then that got me thinking that too many of these old (and mostly unknown) recordings are too good not to share. So I decided to create this blog to get this music out there and hopefully enjoyed by folks that never would have heard of it other wise.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nefarious - Prophecies Of The Questionably Sane (1995)


2nd Nefarious demo. Still death metal, but a bit more technical. 

Artist: Nefarious
Origin: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Album: Prophecies Of The Questionably Sane
Year: 1995

Track Listing:
Godless
Miscreation
The Severed

Line-up:
Jean Bourbonniere - lead and rhythm guitar
Louis Raymond - bass guitar and pedals
Shawn Carrier - rhythm guitar
Marc Desjardins - drums
Adrain Das - vocals

more info:
Recorded and Mixed at Studio Kif-Kom (Hull, QC). In March and April 1995.
Engineered and co-produced by Ken Brooman
Photography by Steve Mash
Produced by Nefarious

4 comments:

  1. thanks the most for this one...i totally love the involuntary demo by nefarious, one of my most favorites and best discoveries ever..but this one was not to be found anywhere (until now)..hence it's been one of my most sought after demos...infinite thanks for this one (even if i end up not liking this one when i hear it haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, did you play in nefarious or something? am asking because your blog name is one of their tracks from that "involuntary.." demo and you also seem to be a canadian since most of your uploads in this blog yet are canadian bands :P..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never in the band, but my brother was the vocalist on both the tapes. I picked the name 'Kingdom Of the Dead' from the first Nefarious tape, cause I thought I described well what I want to do with this blog.

    Glad you're enjoying the music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i see...yes this demo is kickass as well...i hope you keep on uploading shit, there are many old canadian death metal bands that i've been looking for for a long time but havent yet been able to find them anywhere else..

    ReplyDelete